Cambodia tours Cambodia Travel, Angkor Wat, Hotels, flights, airfares

Cambodia Travel News

Royal Air Cambodge went Bankrupt

Issued: 16 October 2001

Royal Air Cambodge (RAC), the Cambodia's national airline, is going bankrupt and stopped all its flying operation on October 16, 2001.

The Cambodian government owns 60% share of this airline whereas the Naluri, a Malaysian company (formerly known as Malaysian Helicopter Service) - owns the rest 40%. 

RAC leased its planes from the Malaysian Airline, since its birth 7 years ago. Due to its debt-ridden situation, RAC fails to pay the rental fees so its planes have been repossessed. It is estimated that RAC owes Malaysian Airline about US$ 30 million.

An airline official said that the issued air tickets will be reimbursed, but this information has not been confirmed. 

RAC used to be a major player in flying between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap; the latter of which houses the world's famous Angkor Wat and other Khmer complex. Before its closure, RAC operates about 3-4 flights a day on this domestic route.  Currently, the Siem Reap Airways (FT) is the sole carrier, operating two flights a day from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap and return.

Related Topics:
bulletCurrent Flight Schedule between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap 
bulletInformation on Siem Reap Airways


Return to Cambodia Travel News

Cambodia Travel & Tours
Angkor Wat Tours
Angkor Phnompenh
Heritage Tours
Cambodia Hotels
Transportation: Flight
Travel Information
Phnompenh
Angkor Wat
South Coast
Note on Cambodia Visa
Travel News
Cambodia Map

 

Khmer Civilization
Pre-Angkor Era
Angkor Era
Post Angkor Era
Rise and Fall of Khmer
Chronology

 

Historical Background
Indian's Influence
Inscription
Religion
Lineage
Khmer Society
Khmer People
Architectures
Sculptures
Mastery over Water

 

top

Contact us:  sales@cambodia-travel.com

Cambodia Tours  |  Flights  |  Cambodia Hotels  |  Travel Information Khmer Civilization

Related Sites  |  About us  |  Contents

Cambodia Travel