Head Turtle Meat Kills Cambodians
Issued: 09 December 2002
In southern Cambodia, three people have died and another 117 others needed hospital treatment after eating a poisonous sea turtle. The governor of Sihanoukville city says two children and an adult died after they ate internal parts of a Logger Head sea turtle.
Some 117 other villagers were taken to hospital for emergency treatment, with 97 of them still in a critical condition. The 50-kilogram turtle was cooked after being caught in the sea by fishermen and the meat shared among the villagers.
Officials have launched an investigation into the deaths and have invited turtle experts to educate villagers about the dangers of eating them.
Return to Cambodia Travel News
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambodia Tours | Flights | Cambodia Hotels | Travel Information | Khmer Civilization
Related Sites | About us | Contents