Everyone deserves a break from the mundane day-to-day routine of going to the office or school every day. Even if you’re stuck at home, like it is currently at the time of this worldwide pandemic, it can be exhausting to stay in one place and follow the same routine. After all, someone has rightly said that a predictable life is the worst thing a man can wish for. Therefore, we must do something to break free from this monotonous state of existence and add some zest into our lives.
Traveling is a great activity. There is so much the world has to offer. Some uncountable traditions and customs exist all around the world in different continents and countries. There are so many mouth-watering delicacies you have not tasted. There are so many monuments you have not seen, and there are cities left unexplored. Even if a person plans to visit one city every week, it won’t be enough to cover a full country in the limited time of a lifetime.
Benefits of traveling
Many famous philosophers say that traveling can teach a person what sometimes a book cannot. When we travel, we experience the weather and other atmospheric conditions of that place, but we also learn about different factors that make the place for which it is known. There are so many benefits to traveling.
• Better health: it is an under-rated fact that traveling has so many health benefits. For instance, traveling helps in improving the cardiovascular health of the body. Since travel involves walking around, traveling from place to place, studies have shown that people who travel frequently have lesser chances of developing cardiovascular problems and other heart diseases.
• Good for stress: Travel is a great stress buster. It can help in reducing the levels of stress in a person. When a person travels from one place to another, there is a change in the environment, people, food, and more. This change can make the person feel refreshed and stress-free. People who travel often concentrate better on their work after they’re back from vacation.
• Knowledge and experience: someone has rightly said no book is good enough like traveling. One can learn a lot from traveling. Learning about different cuisines, cultures, people and their lifestyle, environment, and so much more through the opportunity of exposure that traveling offers. Each place has its beauty and history that one must explore. We also learn to become more empathetic and compassionate through traveling. It is because we meet people from different walks of life throughout our journey.
• Creativity: A good holiday shall boost your level of creativity. With the help of newly expanded knowledge about different topics and aspects that exist in life, travel enhances the level of creativity. A person can think of more novel ideas and develop effective solutions after visiting a beautiful destination.
Travel to Cambodia
The south Asian continent is full of surprises. No country is the same as the other. Everyone has something exciting to offer. Asia is a beautiful continent. It has one the richest buffet of lifestyle, cuisines, traditions, and more to offer to the tourists who come from various parts of the world. Get a glimpse of how amazing Asia is.
One of the precious treasures of Asia is the country of Cambodia. This beautiful country is located on the lower tip of the Indo Chinese peninsula region and shares boundaries with Vietnam, Thailand, and Laos. The capital of Cambodia is the city of Phnom Penh. The people of Cambodia generally speak the Khmer language. However, various other languages and dialects are spoken in the country that enlightens the platter of Cambodia’s literature.
Cambodia is a mixture of various religions living together peacefully with each other co-existence. These religions are mainly Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam.
Places to visit in Cambodia
If you’re in Cambodia, there is no second-guessing that you will have a great time. Cambodia is full of surprises and mysteries that must be uncovered if you ever get an opportunity. Here is the list of some beautiful places you must visit if in Cambodia.
• Angkor wat: it is also known as the Angkor archaeological park. The park is a collection of one of the finest ancient architecture in the whole of Cambodia. The temples in the Angkor wat were built as early as AD 802 to 1432. The American kings built these magnificent structures.
• Phnom Penh: Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. The chaotic streets, the people’s lifestyle, beautiful and colorful buildings, and some really tasty food is enough to capture your heart in the heart of Cambodia. Many tourists come and feel happy whenever they come to visit Phnom Penh. The city gives a perfect gist of the whole of Cambodia.
• Sihanoukville beaches: Since waters on its boundaries surround Cambodia, some fantastic beaches would be picture perfect for your Instagram. One of such blissful sights is the Sihanoukville beach. The beach is equally famous among the international and local tourists for it’s sunny and sandy getaway.
• Kampot: If you are sick of seeing life in a city, Kampot would be the best getaway. Kampot gives the old farm village kind of vibes that will take you to the old age era where any profession that ever existed was farming. Kampot has a chilled atmosphere to take you away from the chaos of a busy life in the city, a step closer to nature. It is worth visiting whenever you get a chance to visit Cambodia.
• Tonle sap Lake: makers, churches, basically everything in this place to ever exist, exists on a boat. This lake is one of the top favorite places tourists like to go to whenever they come to Cambodia. The fresh waters shall calm your nerves for a better life.
With all the information mentioned above, it wouldn’t be wrong to say that Cambodia is worth visiting for a vacation.
A world citizen since 2011. I left behind my material world and decided to settle in Cambodia after visiting 72 countries.
I’m the honored owner of Cambodia-Travel.